With all this wind and rain
I pulled out my crock pot!
I wanted to make something a little more satisfying
then your everyday chicken soup.
Throw this together the night before
set to low and wake up to a
1 white potato (size of your hand)
1 small sweet potato (palm size)
2 stalks celery
1 clove garlic chopped
1 small onion or 2 small shallots
1 package of organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
all purpose Gluten Free flour
poultry seasoning (1 tsp)
2 bay leaves
2 stems fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
s & p
chicken stock/veggie stock
1) Cut up all veggies (potatoes, carrot, celery, onion) and place in crock, add garlic
2) Cut up chicken thighs into quarter sized pieces and place in bowl
3) s & p on the chicken,
then add poultry seasoning and
just enough to coat the pieces dry.
4) Add thyme, bay leaves and stock
(until almost covered, the veggies and chicken release juices too)
5) Set to low, cook for at least 6 hours.
7) Stir in frozen peas 10 min before serving, if desired