7.5.12

Worlds best Egg Salad recipe

Nothing screams more like comfort food to me then a great
egg salad sammich!!

I remember my mom making these for lunch when I was younger

and I have finally perfected
thee worlds best
Egg Salad Sammich recipe!!



you will need:

6-8 hard boiled eggs*
2 stalks celery, diced
2 tbsp green onions, sliced into Os
1 heaping tbsp helmans olive oil mayo
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
8 dashes of Franks Red hot sauce
S & P to taste
2 separate bowls

*how to boil eggs*
place eggs in bottom of saucepot
add water til eggs are just covered
bring to a boil, once it starts to boil
time for 5 min
then turn off the heat
cover
and let stand for 10 min
then add cold water to pot
let cool for 5 min
peel in water

how to:
separate the cooked yolks and cooked white in separate bowls

bowl #1 - yolks
Add mayo and mustard to yolks
mash until combined with back of spoon
add celery, green onion, dill, smoked paprika, cumin
Franks and some s & p
fold and evenly mix together
taste
need more salt? pepper?
add to taste

bowl #2 - whites
season whites with salt and pepper
with a potato masher
mash to medium size pieces
add to bowl #1

fold the white into the yolk mix

place on boston leaf lettuce on your choice of bread
I like Udi's whole grain loaf (gluten free)
or gluten free brown rice tortillas
I also like adding alfalfa sprouts but thats just me!

I can imagine this would be unreal on some pumpernickel bread
or a cheese bun!! dammit. I miss those!

*CAUTION!*
if you are making this the night before for lunch
do not
mix the two bowls together until the day you wish to eat!
therefore mix it the morning of!
it tends to get watery when mixed together overnight

enjoy!








2 comments: