7.8.12

I love burgers

So I admit
I LOVE BURGERS!
There! I said it!!
I could probably eat a burger everyday if I really wanted to.
And when im talking burgers.. Im coming from a gluten free way and not having it with a bun
Something about all the different ways to flavor the ground beef/chicken/turkey just gets me excited...
is that weird?? a little.. ill admit! haha!

anyways one of my favorite burger to make is 
Turkey Spinach
ONLY if I get to the Tuesday market however and pick up
fresh ground turkey from Hilltop Farms
Something about their freshly ground meat that just makes these burgers so so good!

Now, I only made this recipe because of one of my best gal pals 
introduced me to frozen boxed spinach....
P.
She is a great cook/bartender (makes a wicked punch)
And has a young son, so she sneaks frozen spinach into everything she can!
She had a bbq and made wicked burgers with spinach in it
So whenever I add frozen spinach into anything now 
I refer to it as A la P

Turkey Spinach Burgers A la P

you will need:

1lb of fresh ground turkey 
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
4 tbsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp Epicures French Onion dip mix
1/2 cup pasta sauce (I like classico tomato pesto)
fresh cracked pepper
1 box frozen spinach (squeeze excess water out in paper towels)
1 Shallot, finely diced

how to:

mix all ingredients together in a bowl
form patties, making sure they are the same size and same thickness throughout
to ensure proper cooking

bbq at 400 degrees for 4 min a side (1/4 inch thick) or until cooked thru
cover with foil and allow to rest before serving

I top them with fresh avocado serve alongside some fresh tomato slices


No comments:

Post a Comment